The following promotional opportunities are available to certain event types. Certain event types are limited on what activities they may participate in. The USE Event Definitions
outlines what events may participate in which opportunities.
As a reminder, please visit AHA USE Rules and Regulations
Section to ensure your ancillary promotional activities before and onsite are within our approved guidelines.
The following opportunities may be available dependent upon your event type
– Drive traffic to your event. Take advantage of reaching your customers early. The 2011 Final Registration list is available for a one-time use and is available solely to announce your participation at Scientific Sessions. The Mailing List Order From will be available in May.
Listing in the Preview
- The Preview will be mailed to 20,000 pre-registered attendees and an additional 5,000 select domestic medical professionals in late September.
Listing in the Science & Technology Planner & Notebook
- Reach more than 17,000 of your best prospects at registration in the attendee bag and in racks throughout the convention center.
Listing in the Unofficial Satellite Event Symposia Locator Map
– Reach more than 17,000 attendees as they use the map to navigate the city of Los Angeles and locate symposia events quickly.
Scientific Sessions Website
– Event listings are published on the Scientific Sessions website that connects AHA members, exhibitors, and other related professionals with the important meeting information and resources our members and Scientific Sessions attendees are seeking. Event holders are encouraged to include a link to their registration page from their online event. You will receive a separate email outlining your instructions to set this information up.
USE Event Information Kiosk
- In an effort to provide our attendees with us much information as possible, AHA will now have kiosk available throughout the convention and in some key hotels. USE Event organizers will be allowed to promote their events by placing event brochures at these locations. Instructions on providing such materials will be emailed in early October.
AHA Advertising Options
The AHA Rate Card
outlines additional available opportunities to USE Event Holders including the AHA Dr's Bag, Symposia Locator Map, Pre-Meeting Mailer, Direct e-Preview emails and much more.
For additional information regarding these items please contact Cathleen Gorby
AHA In-House Advertising Options
The following opportunities are handled in-house. The items listed below are the only in house opportunities available to USE event holders.
For additional information regarding these items listed below, please contact April Smith
AHA Daily Newspaper – Onsite During Scientific Sessions
The American Heart News is a daily convention paper with four-color production capabilities throughout. The Newspaper's content focuses on the latest science and news from Scientific Sessions, current cardiovascular information, and details on other products and services from the American Heart Association.
Rotating Kiosk – Onsite During Scientific Sessions.
- 12,000 copies of each issue will be circulated daily
- Newspapers are printed overnight and delivered to the convention center and key
hotels each morning
- Online exposure via flipbook technology
- Funding Request:
- Full Advertising Package (Best Value!) - $100,000
- Saturday – Wednesday Full-page Back cover - $35,000
- Saturday – Wednesday Jr. ad - $20,000
- Additional Jr. ad - $5,000
- Center Page Exhibit Hall Floor Plan Horizontal Banner Ad (Sunday, Monday and
Tuesday editions) - $25,000 each, $60,000 for all three
- Upgrade: Newspaper Racks - $10,000
Rotating Kiosks grab the attention of professional attendees as they walk to
each session! Or are you trying to reach a specific audience? We can help your
strategy as kiosks are located around each Core and in high traffic areas
throughout the convention center. View Locations
Mobile Meeting Guide Announcement – Onsite During Scientific Sessions
- Motorized kiosks rotate for exceptional visibility
- Each kiosk will consist of four graphic panels. Supporters can submit up to 4
different corporate or product specific creatives per kiosk
- Contributor receives 4-color corporate or product advertisement on a graphic
- Contributor must provide necessary artwork in an electronic format by the given
deadline or late fees will apply
- Funding Request - $15,000 for a single graphic panel
Promote your event in this section of the Mobile Meeting Guide (SNAP) with
announcements and or reminders to attend. Users of SNAP will be notified of new
announcements during the conference.
AHA Shuttle Buses – Onsite During Scientific Sessions
- Funding Request – $5,000 each (limit one per day)
Shuttle Bus service will be provided continually to all official hotels
participating in Scientific Sessions, operating multiple routes. Shuttle bus
contributors receive a high level of visibility at Scientific Sessions and
MD Conference Express - Post Conference - Direct Mail in January 2012
- Advertising packages will be for 10-15 buses out of the transportation fleet
operating daily throughout the city from approximately 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Exterior bus banners on the passenger boarding side
- Head rest covers with a corporate or product ad placement
- Funding Request
- $100,000 for full package
- $75,000 for Headrests or Banners portion only
MD Conference Express is the
official highlights report of the
conference and provides a highly select opportunity to extend the reach and
impact of your promotional activities beyond the live event to reach attendees
and the entire membership of the AHA post-conference. The publication will be
direct mailed to 20,000 AHA professional members in January of 2012.
- A peer-reviewed, enduring reference for professional attendees and for the
thousands more who could not come to the live conference
- Simply advertise or include presentations from unofficial satellite events,
abstract presentations or Late - Breaking Clinical Trials
- Funding Requests
- Premium Level - Advertising on back cover- front/back, the opportunity to
include a custom advertorial (center spread), bellyband on electronic version
and advertisement in email blast to over 230,000 cardiovascular professionals -
- Gold Level - Advertising on back cover – front/back, the opportunity to include
a custom advertorial (center spread) - $75,000
- Silver Level - Advertising on inside front cover spread - $50,000
- Bronze Level - Run of book advertisement - $25,000
- Ask about an e-supplement upgrade to focus on your therapeutic category!
Exhibits Hot Line
The American Heart Association is a supporting member of the following organizations.
The 7 Cores align the meeting content with your areas of interest. Learn More